Q: What challenges do lesbian women face into the medical care system?
A: Many doctors, nurses, along with other medical care providers have never had enough training to comprehend the health that is specific of lesbians, or that ladies who will be lesbians, like heterosexual ladies, could be healthier normal females. There may be obstacles to health that is optimal lesbians, such as for instance:
- Concern with negative responses from their health practitioners when they disclose their intimate orientation.
- Physicians not enough comprehension of lesbians condition risks, and conditions that can be vital that you lesbians.
- Not enough medical insurance due to no domestic partner advantages.
- Minimal recognized risk of having diseases that are sexually transmitted some kinds of cancer tumors.
For the aforementioned reasons, lesbians usually avoid routine wellness exams and also postpone searching for care that is medical health issues happen.
Q: What are very important medical issues for lesbians to go over with regards to health practitioners or nurses?
- Heart problems. Heart problems could be the number 1 killer of all of the ladies. Factors that raise womens risk for cardiovascular disease such as for example obesity, smoking cigarettes, and stress are high among lesbians. The greater danger facets (or items that enhance danger) a female has, the higher the possibility that she shall develop cardiovascular disease. Continue reading “Lesbians face unique challenges inside the medical care system that may cause poorer psychological and health that is physical”